Carpal tunnel syndrome is a medical condition due to the compression of median nerve at the carpal tunnel in the wrist.
Symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome
The person with carpal tunnel syndrome may present with pain, numbness, tingling income, index and middle fingers. The patient may feel weakness while gripping.
The factors that can cause risk
The condition can cause risk are:-
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- The type of works that may cause stress or strain in the rest
How can we manage carpal tunnel syndrome in Ayurveda
The following treatment qualities can be used for treating carpal tunnel syndrome:-
- Abhyanga:- massaging the area with oil
- Applying hot water bag
- Medicated pastes are used to apply in the area to reduce inflammation and pain
- Local Dhara:- pouring of medicated decoctions locally
- Agni karna:- cauterization
Along with the treatment, internal medicines are also given to alleviate the condition.
If the pain is caused by work, then the person should change the mode of work along with the treatment.